Research Update

     Over the past few weeks, I have been doing research for my research paper. The topic I chose was Karl Marx's effect on communism in Russia. I have honestly enjoyed researching this topic. It has given me a new perspective on what actually goes on with communism. It also enlightened me to the fact of how communism is a good idea in theory, but doesn't work in practice. My research has gone swimmingly.; I have found a ton of good sources to go on.  I have also learned that the best place to find secondary sources is, by far, JSTOR. These school databases and even our librarian have helped me throughout this process.
     As with all successes, there have been some hardships along this road. As with all things in life, experience helps. At first, I was only using the Gale database which made it really hard to find exceptional secondary sources. I asked my friends and everybody pointed me to JSTOR. This is why I now know why JSTOR is the best. I also had some trouble finding a certain primary source that I knew existed, but couldn't find. I went to our librarian, Mrs. Whitehead, to help find this source for me. She helped me a lot by finding this source for me. I am very grateful to her for that. This process seems to be going along very well now.

Comments

  1. I can relate to the part where you struggled to find a primary source, but it is good that you got help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are you distracted by technology?

Research Update

Final Fantasy XV: A Beautiful Piece of Art