Lord of the Flies

     Over the past few weeks, I have been reading William Golding's Lord of the Flies. I find it very enjoyable to read, and a few things have piqued by interest. The first thing that piqued my interest was the way these children adapt to the island. In this novel, a bunch of boys get stranded on a uninhabited island. The first thing the boys do is decide who should be chief. This seems logical in all, but I don't understand why nobody is freaking out except for Piggy. It doesn't make sense. It also seems like a few weeks pass before they even start making some sort of shelter. That seems like priority number one to me.
      Another thing in the book I found interesting was the relationship between Jack and Ralph. Jack is the leader of the choir/hunter group that is dropped on the island. Ralph is just a typical boy, except he is better looking and bigger than the rest of them. Their relationship starts as we're going to be good friends and let's have fun. As the novel progresses, there relationship gets progressively worse. I assume this is because their priorities are the complete opposite of each others. In most of the novels I have read, the main characters grow closer together, not further apart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you distracted by technology?

Research Update

Final Fantasy XV: A Beautiful Piece of Art