Anchors Up

     I walk on on to the docks and see my new galleon. Boy, she is magnificent. She ready to take on the open seas I search of precious loot. I have been on many adventures before, but none with a ship and crew like this. I eagerly climb aboard to check its amenities: map deck, crew cabins, crow's nest, and the beautiful sails. Oh the magnificent sails with state-of-the-art rigging and fine adjustments. It makes my little brain explode with the planing involved in crafted such an elegant transportation machine.
     "Anchors up!" I shout to the crew. The sails are set. The wind is perfect, not a cloud in sight.  I would shout "smooth sailing" but my jinxing comes more often then I'd like. I go and take the helm. I plot my heading to 78 degrees ESE. And now, it is just time to wait. The best part of the journey. Riches are good in all, but it is all about the journey you take to riches, whether that be by raiding someone else's ship, or discovering a hidden alcove filled with buried treasure. What's the point of becoming wealthy if not to have fun with your crew.

Comments

  1. I enjoy the vocabulary you used here. Very good piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a sound, vivid description of the boat in the first paragraph. I like how you implemented actual sailing vocabulary suck as "Anchors up!" into your writing. These two elements allow me to picture your departure and voyage quite easily. All in all, it is an excellent post, because of the way you implement the writing tools into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your use of many adjectives made this a great story. The way you added background and showed us the thought process of the character made this very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are you distracted by technology?

Research Update

Final Fantasy XV: A Beautiful Piece of Art