Naomi Shihab Nye

    During my day on Thursday, Naomi Shihab Nye, a well known author and poet, came and visited our school. She said this had been the second time that she had been to our school. I do not know when she first came, but that is beyond my point. While she was here she read some poems and put them in context. I found one of these readings to be particularly enticing. This poem was in response to a kid who sent a writing to her. The writing was about creativity and art. At first, I doubted it was from a second grader because it seemed beyond what a second grader could do. The more I listened, the more I thought about what I was thinking in second grade. I always thought of when school would end because I would finish my work early in class and become bored. I never really took the time to think about things like art and writing.
     This poem also left me with a question. The question was how many writings does she get and have to respond to everyday. She made a point about how she likes to respond to every email and letter she gets. I think that would become overwhelming with her popularity. I guess it would depend on things like how long she likes to make her responses, how long she thinks about responses, and how much free time she wants. I know that if I was in her position, I would probably get overwhelmed, but I am not her. I can try to see how she feels, but I can only try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are you distracted by technology?

Research Update

Final Fantasy XV: A Beautiful Piece of Art