LAUNCH: Effective Risk Taking

    One of LAUNCH presentation was on a method of properly educating teens through methods of "Reasonable risk-taking." I found this presentation to be especially interesting. It compares the decision making process to learning in a new way that I hadn't seen before. The "reasonable risk taking" sets up an environment where it is OK to fail. This is very similar to the process of learning. My math course is set up to where it is OK to fail the first time, as long as you are able to process and understand the knowledge, it will be alright.
     I especially enjoyed this presentation because of how it was presented. The presenter used his own method during his presentation. He went on stage without any aides and gave his presentation. It put him in a risky position, but if he failed, it was not the end of the world. It is one thing to talk about something that teens should do, but I think it makes it all the more incredible that he actually implemented his method into his presentation. This legitimizes what he is saying. Overall, I was impressed with all the LAUNCH presentations.

Comments

  1. I agree, this was a great presentation! Taking risks are so common and important in our lives, and his thesis proved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved his presentation. One of my favorite things was how he did not have a PowerPoint or anything to help him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are you distracted by technology?

Research Update

Final Fantasy XV: A Beautiful Piece of Art